The recipe below is for chocolate chip muffins but you can use any type of flavouring, both sweet and savoury. If making savoury then leave out the sugar!
For 12 muffins you will need:
2 mugs of self raising flour
1 mug of caster sugar
1 large egg (beaten)
3 level tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 mug of milk
1 mug of chocolate chips (or alternative flavouring)
1. First preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180° / Gas 6
2. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the sugar
3. Melt the butter and then add the beaten egg and the milk, mixing well.
Pour this into the flour,combine and mix until smooth
4. Add the chocolate chips pr other flavouring
5. Spoon carefully into muffin cases and bake for around 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Leave to cool and enjoy!